Sub-Zero Vacation Settings
- Temperature to set a Sub-Zero while on vacation
- What steps should be taken if leaving a home for an extended period of time?
- Turn a Sub-Zero off or leave on while on vacation?
- Turn off or leave on the ice maker or water supply to a Sub-Zero while on vacation?
- Sub-Zero will not be used for 1 month or longer
- Sub-Zero vacation settings
Sub-Zero vacation setting recommendations are as follows:
- Use vacation settings as a preventative measure.
- Exceptions to recommendations are done at the owner's discretion.
Short Vacations (1 week or less)
- Remove all perishable items.
- Shut off the ice maker and empty the ice bin. See also, Turn Ice Maker On or Off.
- For models without an ice maker on/off button, remove the ice bin to turn the ice maker off.
- Do not change the electronic control system settings.
Extended Vacations (more than 1 week)
- Turn power off at the control panel or circuit breaker on models without control panels.
- Empty the unit and block doors open to let fresh air in and keep interior dry.
- Upon return, if equipped, discard and replace the water filter with a new filter before start-up.
- Water does not need to be turned off during extended vacations but is a good preventative measure if possible.
- If water valves leak, they could damage floors.
- Leaving the unit on could cause issues in the home if gone for extended periods.
- If unit stops cooling, it could ruin the inside of the unit.
- Units are designed to be opened occasionally when running.
- Turn off water and power for Undercounter Ice Makers. Do not leave the unit on with the water supply turned off. See also, UC-15I Undercounter Ice Maker Vacation Settings.
Unheated Homes & Cold Temperatures
For units connected to the Sub-Zero Group Owner's App, refer to:
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820