Sub-Zero Model UC-15I Prolonged Shutdown or Winterization
- Prepare a UC-15I for winter
- Can a UC-15I Undercounter Ice Maker be stored outside?
- Undercounter Ice Maker vacation settings or how to prepare for vacation
Take the precautions below when a UC-15I Ice Maker is removed from service for an extended period of time or exposed to ambient temperatures of 32°F(0°C) or below, such as during the winter.
Follow these steps for indoor and outdoor units:
- Clean and sanitize the unit to prevent mildew growth.
- Disconnect the electrical power at the circuit breaker or service panel.
- Turn off the water supply.
- Remove the water from the water reservoir.
- Use a cup to remove larger amounts of water or a turkey baster or towel to remove smaller amounts of water from the reservoir.
- Disconnect the incoming water supply line at the rear of the ice maker and allow it to drain.
- Remove the water filter.
- Disconnect the vinyl hose from the water pump and allow it to drain by lifting up on the white tube from the black pump.
- Verify water is not trapped in any of the water supply or drain lines. Use compressed air to blow out the lines as needed.
- Use a spray bottle with a solution of 1 tablespoon (15 ml) sanitizer to 1 gallon (3.8 L) water and spray all interior surfaces. Do not rinse. Allow it to air dry.
- Block the door partially open when possible to provide air exchange and prevent mildew growth.
- Upon return, discard and replace the water filter with a new filter before startup.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820