Reuse Sub-Zero 500 Series Grille Panels on Classic Series (BI) Products
- Can a 500 Series grille panel, EAPG grille panel, fit on a Classic (BI) product?
- Change 500 Series grille panel to use on a BI unit
- If reusing 500 Series door and grille panels, both a framed and an overlay retrofit kit for the Classic (BI) product are required.
- The grille panel height for the Classic Series is 8-15/16" for a standard 11" grille for an 84" finished height, compared to 9-3/16" for the 500 Series EAPG panelized grille.
- If the original unit had a reduced height grille (to reduce overall unit height to 83") or an extended grille (to increase overall height above 84"), order a new reduced height or extended height grille for the new model. See Classic Series Grille Height Options.
- EAPG stands for easy access panelized grille.
- To adapt, remove 1/4" from the 500 Series grille panel height, even if using an 83" or 88" accessory grille panel.
- The Classic series grille panel width is 1-9/16" wider than 500 Series panelized grille panels.
- The 1-9/16" difference is filled with the overlay retrofit kit extruded components.
- Reduce the grille panel height by 1/4" per note above.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820