Sub-Zero Shelves Rusting
- Paint on interior or door shelves chipping, cracking, or peeling
- Shelves, drawers, drawer glides, or lids rusting
- Crisper glass assembly, glass shelf, roll-out shelf assembly, or cantilever shelf rusting, chipped, cracked, or peeling
- Can shelves be painted to cover rust?
- Can a replacement shelf be purcased?
It is possible for the shelves in a Sub-Zero to rust or the paint to peel if a scratch or chip on the surface allows water or moisture to penetrate beneath the paint.
- Sub-Zero does not recommend repainting shelves that have rusted.
- To prevent rusting or paint peeling:
- Avoid scratching or chip paint with food items or containers.
- Clean the shelves properly. Refer to Sub-Zero Cleaning Interior Shelves and Light Diffuser.
- Regularly clean the condenser. See Clean the Condenser.
- Additionally, excess moisture inside the unit can contribute to rusting. Refer to Excessive Moisture in Refrigerator for additional information.
- If the rust covers a large area, contact the Sub-Zero Customer Care Team at [email protected], or call (800) 222-7820, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. CST.
Depending on the model number, it may be possible to replace the shelves. Replacement shelves are available for purchase from a Factory Certified Parts Distributor.
Genuine Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove parts are available by calling the Factory Certified Parts Distributor in your area. Only filters and cleaners are available for online purchase in the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove Store. Other parts are not available for purchase online. Use Locator to find the Parts Distributor for your area.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820