Sub-Zero Ice Maker Makes Too Much Ice
- Ice maker producing too much ice
- Ice bin overflowing with ice
- Ice maker will not stop making ice
- Ice falls out of drawer or bin
- Too much ice production
- Sub-Zero making too much ice
The ice maker will make 8 cubes of ice every 2-3 hours on average.
- The ice bin may take 1-2 days to fill completely.
- All ice makers can be manually turned off by manually raising the ice level arm (rudder) to the "up" position. Simply removing the ice bin will not suffice.
- If the unit is overproducing ice, there may be something wrong with this functionality.
If too much ice is produced:
- Make sure the ice bin is properly installed.
- If available, verify the Max Ice feature is not enabled. Max Ice increases ice production for a 24-hour period.
- Make sure ice maker shut-off arm is attached to the ice maker.
- Make sure ice maker rudder arm is attached to the shut-off arm.
- See also:
Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820