Indoor Versus Outdoor Undercounter Ice Maker
- Differences between the indoor and outdoor undercounter ice makers
- Different features on a UC-15I(P)O outdoor ice maker compared to the indoor UC-15I(P) model?
The primary difference between the indoor and outdoor Sub-Zero undercounter ice makers is the UC-15I(P)O (outdoor) is rated and approved for outdoor use, whereas the UC-15I(P) (indoor) unit is not. Other differences include:
The outdoor ice maker carries an outdoor warranty; the indoor model carries the residential warranty.
Several parts of the UC-15I(P)O are also made of more weather resistant materials, including:
- Door hinges.
- Door panels.
- Condenser fan motor.
Door Panel Options
- The UC-15I(P)O outdoor model has one door panel option, the 15" stainless steel door panel with pro handle, to match Wolf Outdoor Grills and Warming Drawers.
- Custom or wood panels may not withstand outdoor elements and therefore are not an option.
- The UC-15I(P) indoor model has multiple stainless steel door panel options or can have a custom wood panel and handle attached.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820