Reverse Door Swing on UC-15I Undercounter Ice Maker
- How to change the door swing on a UC-15I?
- Are special parts needed to change the door swing on the Undercounter Ice Maker?
- Does the UC-15I(P) come with all the parts needed to hinge the unit on the other side?
- Will the ice scoop holder be affected by the hinge change?
The UC-15I(P) ships with the door hinged on the right but may be reversed to the other side if needed.
- This information also applies to the outdoor ice maker, UC-15I(P)O.
- The plastic molding covering the top area of the door, packaged with the ice machine, is required for this procedure.
- If the plastic molding was discarded, order a new one from a Factory Certified Parts Distributor.
- Plastic molding is Part # 7013079.
- Refer to UC-15I(P)O and 315I(P) Ice Maker Hinge Parts for additional part information.
- The ice scoop holder is not affected as the door is not flipped over.
- Custom or Stainless Steel door panel must be removed to access the door mounting screws. Refer to 315I and UC-15I Stainless Steel Door Panel Installation Instructions for more information.
To reverse the door swing on the UC-15I(P) and UC-15I(P)O:
- Remove the door panel.
- Remove the four screws that secure the door hinges to the ice machine.
- Remove the door and the shim located between the cabinet and bottom hinge, this shim transfers to the left side bottom hinge.
- Remove the hinges from the door by removing the four screws (two per hinge) that secure the hinges to the door.
- Remove the right-hand upper trim from the door by removing the two screws that secure it to the door.
- Replace right upper trim with the left-hand upper trim.
- Transfer the hinges to the left side of the door and reinstall. The upper hinge is in the lower hinge position and the lower hinge is in the upper hinge position.
- Remove the ice machine top cover by removing the two screws along the back of the unit.
- Remove four screws from the top rail.
- Pivot the top rail end for end to expose the two left-hand top hinge screw holes and reinstall.
- Remove two screws from the lower edge of the bottom trim plate. Slide the trim plate to the right, to cover the right-hinge mounting screw holes, exposing the left-hinge mounting screw holes.
- Install the door by mounting hinges using left-hinge mounting holes.
- Install the shim that was removed, between the cabinet and bottom hinge.
- Check operation of the door by opening and closing it.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820