CE Electric Cooktop Lock Mode
- CE Electric Cooktop locks itself or does not lock
- CE Electric Cooktop controls not responding
- No heat from CE Electric Cooktop
- Cooktop does not work
- Disable auto-lock or auto lock
LOCK touchpad locks or unlocks the entire cooktop.
- Touch and hold for 3 seconds.
- Acceptance beep heard when state changes.
- Padlock is shown when locked.
- The padlock icon will not appear if the Sabbath mode is engaged.
- Refer to CE Electric Cooktop Sabbath Mode for more information.
No pad can work except for the LOCK pad or the pads associated with entering Diagnostic mode.
Enter Lock Mode
- Engages after ten continuous minutes of Idle mode as an auto-lock feature.
- After power-up sequence, touch and hold LOCK pad for 3 seconds when in Idle mode.
- Annunciator sounds acceptance beep when Lock mode is entered.
- LOCK LED is visible.
- The failure beep sounds if any control zone is active when trying to enter Lock mode.
Exit Lock Mode
- Touch and hold the LOCK pad for 3 seconds.
- If LOCK pad is held for more than 10 seconds cooktop relocks.
- The acceptance beep sounds to indicate Lock mode has been exited.
- LOCK LED turns off, and control zones enter Idle mode.
Enable or Disable Auto-Lock
- Auto-lock function is enabled by default.
- If disabled, the cooktop does not automatically enter Lock mode after 10 minutes of continuous Idle mode.
- See also, CT Electric Cooktop Lock Mode.
The lock is enabled and disabled from the Options menu:
- While unit is off and unlocked, touch and hold ALL OFF for five seconds.
- Touch + on the timer control three times until "LO" appears on the timer display to adjust the automatic control panel lock.
- The first option under the menu is "UO." The + key must be pressed until "Lo" appears.
- Power level 3 on the rear element control will appear.
- "Lo" appears on the timer display.
- Use the front element control to enable or disable the automatic lock:
- To disable, touch SIM (or MLT depending on model).
- To enable, touch HI.
Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
Answer:If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820