Wolf CG Gas Cooktop Surface Burners Click or Do Not Ignite
- CG gas surface burner constant or intermittent sparking or clicking
- Gas Cooktop Gas surface burner does not click
- Surface burner continues to click after ignition or after burner is off
- Burner clicks when not in use above
- Gas burner will not shut off
- Make sure burners are clean and dry. See the Wolf Cleaning Reference Guide and How to Clean Surface Burner Caps and Rings.
- Ignitor can be gently cleaned with a soft, dry toothbrush if needed.
- Clean food particles out of holes in the burner assembly using a toothpick.
- Verify burner cap is positioned properly.
- If the unit was recently cleaned or a spill over occurred and the ignitor is wet, let the unit dry. Use a hairdryer as needed to speed up the process.
- Verify power is supplied to the product.
- If the burner or unit was not used in a while, more clicking may occur. Turn the burner off after 10 seconds if not lit, wait a minute and try again.
- It may take time to clear the lines of air and deliver gas to the burner for ignition.
- Verify the pan is not too large, starving burner for air. Large pots/pans can starve the burner for oxygen, causing the flame to lift.
- Try turning burner to a lower setting and if sparking stops, the pot/pan may be too large.
- Make sure burner control knob is not stuck. Push in or down on the knob and then release. The knob should spring back into place.
- Turn the home circuit breaker to the unit off for 30 seconds then back on again. Retest operation.
- Check for proper wiring and Polarity of outlet if constant sparking.
- If sparking when the unit is not in use, an electrician may be needed.
- Same troubleshooting steps apply if some burners work while others do not.
- See also:
- Gas Surface Burner Not Igniting
- Wolf Gas Product with the Wrong Gas Type
- Gas Burner Operation
- How to Remove Burner Rings and Caps
- Wolf Gas Surface Burner Will Not Shut Off
- Gas Surface Burner Flame Quality Issues
If these troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, service is necessary to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820