Wolf Full-Extension Oven Rack Troubleshooting
- Full-extension easy glide rack hits the oven door when pulled out, not moving on one side, screeching, squeaking, or stuck
- Can the full-extension easy glide oven rack be repaired or adjusted?
- Can a rack be lubricated or greased?
- Full-extension ball-bearing rack rolls forward or comes out when oven door is opened
- All oven racks and glides should be removed for the self-clean cycle. Failure to remove racks during self-clean may cause discoloration, distortion, squeaking/screeching of glides, and permanent damage.
- Oven cleaner may be used on the full-extension ball-bearing rack. However, care should be taken to prevent cleaner from getting into the glides, which can cause damage.
- Replacement components or parts for full-extension racks are not available.
- No repair instructions are available for full-extension racks.
- If damaged, a new oven rack is needed. Refer to Full-Extension Ball-Bearing (Easy Glide) Rack Information for rack part numbers.
- On an E Series or L Series Oven or Dual Fuel Range, verify that the correct rack is being used.
- Full-extension ball bearing racks are not designed to be used in the lowest rack position. Instead, the full-extension door rack should be in the lowest rack position.
- The full-extension door rack pulls out of the unit onto a track on the oven door. See also, Wolf Oven Full-Extension Door Rack.
- Verify that the door is opening to a full 90 degrees.
- See also, Wolf Oven Door Height Adjustment.
- Remove oven racks.
- Remove oven rack guides.
- Install the oven rack and note if it slides forward without pulling on it.
- See Full-Extension Ball-Bearing Rack Information for installation instructions.
- If the rack still slides forward unassisted, a new oven rack is needed. Refer to Full-Extension Ball-Bearing (Easy Glide) Rack Information for rack part numbers.
- Rack is installed properly but is stuck, does not move in or out fully, or is not gliding.
- Rack was left in oven during self-clean mode and is now screeching or not moving smoothly.
- Racks are squeaking when pushed in or pulled out.
- Rack was sprayed with cleaner that desolved glide grease.
- Grease used is a hi-temp food grade grease (food machinery grease).
- Wolf does not sell replacement grease, nor recommend any specific producer.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820