Griddle Not Heating Evenly
- Griddle does not heat
- Griddle is not heating evenly
- Uneven heat across griddle surface
- Griddle does not get to set temperature
- Use and care issues, such as spillover
- Unit issues, such as spark module, switch, electrode/igniter, gas supply, thermostat, or DSI
- Installation issues, such as proper wiring and polarity of outlet if constant sparking
- Faulty griddle thermostat
Heat is distributed evenly across a Wolf griddle.
- The griddle is usually hotter toward the rear as heat travels toward the rear vent.
- Refer to Cooking with a Griddle.
If the griddle is heating unevenly:
- In a new installation, ensure the unit's power supply source is to specification.
- Check for proper wiring and polarity of the outlet if there is constant sparking.
- An electrician may be needed.
- Ensure the unit is configured for the proper gas type. If a conversion is required, refer to:
- Ensure the control knob is not stuck.
- Remove the control knob and reinstall.
- Push in on the knob and then release. The knob should slightly spring back into place.
- Reset the unit's power supply at the circuit breaker.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820