BEFORE YOU START: Make sure not to slice the potato all the way through.
Yield: Makes 8 Servings
8 medium size Yukon gold potatoes, about 7 ounces each
1 tablespoon ﬁnely chopped fresh rosemary
1 tablespoon ﬁnely chopped fresh thyme
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
¾ cup grated or shaved parmesan cheese
¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F on Convection Mode with a rack set on position 3.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan and add oil, herbs and other seasonings.
- To cut the potatoes — place the potato on the counter between two cutting boards of the same thickness, about ¼ to ½-inch thick. Two pieces of cardboard or chopsticks can also be used.
- Cut across the width of the potato every ¼-inch from end to end. Ensure that you do not cut completely through the potatoes to keep the bottom of the potato intact.
- Gently toss the potatoes with the butter mixture in a large bowl to coat.
- Place potatoes in a 9x13 baking dish and into the oven. As the potatoes bake, the slices will begin to open up.
- Bake for 1 hour and then add the cheese on top. Try to sprinkle it between the slices as well as on top of the potatoes.
- Bake for an additional 8–10 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden brown.