- How to clean the condenser
- "Service" or "Vacuum Condenser" is flashing
- 600, 500, 200/300 Series or Model 430 running constantly or not cooling
- Sub-Zero temperatures are warm or hot
- Is there a chemical cleaner or degreaser that can be used to clean the condenser?
- There is a screen cage in front of the condenser. Can it be removed?
- How to remove the filter screen blocking the condenser?
To clean a Sub-Zero condenser, use the Condenser Cleaning Video or the steps below.
- Turn the unit off at the control panel Unit On/Off button or turn the control dial down past 1.
- Open the doors and remove the louvered grille or grille panel. See 500 and 600 Series Grille Removal and Installation.
- Use a soft bristle brush attachment on a vacuum to remove dust and lint from the condenser area.
- A paint brush, air compressor on a low setting, or a can of compressed air also work to clean the condenser.
- Condenser cleaning chemicals and degreaser are available from several suppliers and online, they are not necessary to clean a Sub-Zero condenser and are not recommended by Sub-Zero.
- A limited number of units had a protective screen in front of the condenser. Refer to the photograph of the caged condenser below.
- The screen cannot be removed as it is part of the sealed system. Vacuum it the same as the condenser.
- If there is a build-up of dust or debris behind the screen that the vacuum does not reach, use an air compressor on a low setting or a can of compressed air to blow the condenser clean.
Caged condenser image (typically seen on 685 & 695 models)
- Turn the unit on and monitor temperatures. It may take up to 24 hours for temperatures to return to normal after condenser cleaning.
- Clean the condenser every six to twelve months. Failure to clean the condenser could result in temperature loss or mechanical failure or damage.
- See also:
- If these steps do not resolve the issue, or any error codes on the control panel return, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair. Share any service indicators and current temperatures with the service company.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820