- Water temperature too low
- Water temperature too high (flash drying)
- Not using enough detergent
- Using too much detergent in soft water
- Undissolved granular detergent
- Dispenser cup malfunction
- Water supply change
- Water softener hardness setting not correct (softener model only)
- Not using rinse aid
- Glasses are not clean
- Glassware comes out of Cove Dishwasher with spots or streaks
- White film on silverware
- Glassware is cloudy, spotty, or streaked
- Spots on dishwasher racks or tub
To avoid spotting or streaking on glassware or dishes washed in a dishwasher:
- Check the Water Softener hardness setting. The default is 0. Change the setting to at least 5. Refer to Cove Dishwasher Water Hardness for more information (softener model only).
- Verify salt compartment is not empty. See Cove Dishwasher Water Softener (softener model only).
- Make sure a Quick or rinse cycle is not being run.
- On the softener model, these cycles do not regenerate the softener.
- If there is a noticeable pause before the wash cycle starts, this is the regeneration process and is normal.
- Verify type and amount of detergent being used. See Cove Dishwasher Detergent Suggestions.
- Use a rinse aid to reduce streaking and spotting. Refer to Cove Dishwasher Adding Rinse Aid.
- See also, Cove Dishwasher Rinse Aid Suggestions.
- Run a Normal cycle with High Temp Wash and Sani Rinse turned on. Put a cup of vinegar in a cup or bowl, and set it in the lower rack facing upright.
- Tang also works well. Use at least one cup to get the benefit of the citric acid.
- See also, How to Clean a Dishwasher.
- Do not overload the machine. Water should circulate freely to ensure adequate rinsing and draining.
- Use a lower water temperature setting.
- Do not use heated dry option.
- Do not prerinse dishes. Only scrape off large particles and load the dishes into the machine.
- Cove Dishwashers are designed to work best with some food residue. Without this residue, the unit can over clean, leading to film and spots.
Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820