Cove Dishwasher Will Not Turn On or Start
- Dishwasher will not turn on
- Dishwasher will not start
- Dishwasher counts down to run but does not start cycle
- Dishwasher will not stay on
- Dishwasher display is blank
- Dishwasher program counts down but does not start
- Door latch engaged
- Door not closed securely
- Delay option turned on
- Water supply not connected or turned on
- Blown fuse or tripped circuit breaker
- Door latch is engaged when door is open
- Turn the home circuit breaker to the unit off for 30 seconds then back on again. Then retest the unit operation.
- Make sure the dishwasher is turned on and has power.
- Make sure electrical power to dishwasher and home circuit breaker is on.
- Make sure the child lock, Sabbath feature, and Showroom Mode are not turned on. See also:
- Be sure a program has been selected before pressing Start.
- The Start button may have been pressed for too short a time.
- Current dishwashers incorporate a safety feature that requires the door to be closed within 4 seconds of pressing the Start button.
- Confirm the door is closed securely.
- Make sure the Delay option is not on. Cancel the delay if needed.
- Select a new program and touch start. The cycle should start immediately if taken out of Delayed Start.
- Make sure the control panel is clean and dry.
- Water softener models may run a regeneration process at the start of wash cycles. This may seem like the dishwasher is not starting.
- See Cove Dishwasher Water Softener Regeneration for details.
- Check that the water supply is connected properly and the water is turned on.
- Turn the home circuit breaker to the unit off for 10 seconds then back on again. Retest the unit operation.
- Verify that the power cord is properly plugged into the wall socket.
- This may require removal of the dishwasher.
- The dishwasher may be on a power switch under the kitchen sink area.
- Verify if connected to a switch, the switch was not turned off.
- For outdoor models, verify that the power cord is plugged into the unit.
- If a whirring sound occurs when turning off the power to the dishwasher, turn the water supply to the dishwasher off and contact service for repair.
- If these troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, service is necessary to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820