- How do you lock the water and ice dispenser in a Classic (formerly Built-In) model?
- How do you unlock the dispenser?
- Why is the key icon illuminated beneath the light button on the dispenser control panel?
- What does the red key icon by the dispenser mean?
- Ice or water dispenser does not work
Steps to Verify Issue:
To lock the dispenser:
- Press and hold the Light button for 5 seconds to turn on the dispenser lock.
- The lock indicator (key icon) beneath the Light button illuminates when the dispenser locks.
- Locking the dispenser disables the water and ice dispensing features.
- To unlock, press and hold Light for 5 seconds.
If the dispenser does not unlock using the steps above:
- Turn the home circuit breaker to the unit off for 30 seconds and back on again.
- Retest the unit operation.
- If the unit is still locked after these steps are complete, no further customer troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
Classic (formerly Built-In) dispenser lock function:
- When locked, the lock key becomes red for 3 seconds and then goes dark.
- To keep lock key red while locked, press and hold the Ice key. Then press the Water key two times.
- Repeat to turn red light off when locked.
- Lighting works in lock mode. Ice and water are disabled.
For additional information, refer to:
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820