- How to clean oven racks or oven rack guides
- Self-clean oven racks or oven rack guides or place in a dishwasher
- Oven racks left in oven during self-clean and now tarnished or discolored
Oven racks may become discolored with normal use.
- Some cooking methods result in heavier or more frequent staining such as broiling meat with high fat content and spilling acidic food like tomato sauce.
- Wolf does not suggest replating or refinishing oven racks if damage occurs.
- Oven racks and rack guides should be removed from the oven during self-clean to avoid discoloration, warping, or permanent damage of the racks.
- Standard oven racks (not full-extension ball bearing racks) are dishwasher safe. However, a dishwasher may not remove all heavy stain build-up.
- See also:
To clean oven racks and removable rack guides:
- Wolf recommends first using Carbona® 2 in 1 Oven Rack and Grill Cleaner. See How to Use Carbona® for more information.
- Carbona has been discontinued, but is still available at many online retailers such as Amazon.
- Wolf suggests the following products as alternatives to Carbona:
- Krud Kutter Greaser and Degreaser
- Mr. Muscle Oven and Grill Cleaner
- Greased Lightning Multi-Purpose Cleaner and Degreaser
- Weinman Oven and Grill Cleaner
- Place racks and guides in a large 33-gallon heavy-duty garbage bag.
- Spray racks and guides in the bag. Turn over and spray well again.
- Using a wire twist tie, tightly close the bag.
- Allow to rest for at 18-20 hours (overnight).
- Using plastic gloves, remove guides and racks from the bag and spray both sides with hot water.
- Clean racks with a brush or sponge if necessary, to remove stubborn areas.
- Dry and replace in oven.
For other cleaning methods, remove oven racks.
- Clean with hot water and mild detergent or a paste of baking soda and water.
- Degreasers or Easy-Off® Fume Free Oven Cleaner along with a blue Scotch-Brite™ pad may be used sparingly.
- Rinse and towel dry.
Do not use ammonia. Refer to Oven Cleaning with Ammonia for additional information.
If necessary, contact a Factory Certified Parts Distributor to order replacement grates or oven racks.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820