Connect Appliances to Home Automation (Third-Party) Systems
- What Sub-Zero and Wolf products can be used with smart home systems?
- Are any modifications or changes needed to use a Sub-Zero or Wolf with a smart home system?
- What is the phone jack or ethernet connection on the unit for?
- Control 4, Control4, and Crestron connected appliance or smart home information
- Smart home appliance upgrade
- Home automation
A third-party smart home automation system is not required to use the Sub-Zero Group Owner's App or its features and functions.
- See also, Control Connected Appliance with Intelligent Personal Assistant.
- Home automation companies write programs for their products to communicate with appliances.
Compatible devices and integrations
To use the app, you will need a connected appliance, a wireless router and internet connection with your network name and password.
Compatible devices include: iPhone 6 or higher running iOS 9 or higher. Coming soon on Google Play for Android users.
Select appliances are enabled with Amazon Dash Replenishment. You can sign up for Dash Replenishment during device set-up, ensuring your appliance automatically reorders items like detergent pods and rinse aid when your supply is low.
Connect your appliances through the Sub-Zero Group Owner’s App and then download and enable the Amazon Alexa skill. With Alexa, you can complete certain voice-enabled commands, such as adjusting ice production in your Sub-Zero freezer, setting the temperature on your Wolf oven, and turning on or off your Cove dishwasher.
Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove Wi-Fi enabled appliances have Control4 compatibility. Control4 is a home automation system that makes all the devices in your home work together. Contact your Control 4 dealer for integration instruction.
With the Google Assistant, you can complete certain voice-controlled commands of your Wi-Fi enabled appliances. Adjust ice production in your Sub-Zero freezer, set the temperature on your Wolf oven, turn on or off your Cove dishwasher, and more.
- All connected capable Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove products can be connected to the Control4 home automation system.
- Appliances use the connected module and the Sub-Zero Group Owner's App to connect.
- For more information, see:
Classic (formerly Built-In) Series
- Classic products are compatible with Control4, Crestron, and Savant brand smart home automation systems.
- Depending on the serial number, a new control board may be necessary for Classic products to work with these home automation products.
Original E Series
- E Series Ovens can be compatible with both smart home control brands, but the control board must be replaced by a Factory Certified Service Company.
- Use part number 823155 to update the product.
- Model number format for these E Series Ovens is similar to SO30-2F/S. The -2 is in all original E Series model numbers.
Current E Series
- New E Series Ovens ship from the factory as compatible with the smart home technology systems listed above.
- Model number format for these E Series Ovens is similar to SO30TE/S/TH. There is no -2 in the model number.
M Series Ovens
- Starting with serial number 17459188, M Series Ovens are built connected ready and could connect with home automation systems.
- The Control4 system can integrate with M Series Ovens using the Sub-Zero Group Owner's App.
- Home automation vendors still need to write a program to enable their home automation system to communicate with the oven, but the oven has everything it needs.
Designer (formerly Integrated) Products
- Designer products starting with serial number 5700000 are built connected ready and could connect with home automation systems.
- The Control4 system can integrate with Designer products using the Sub-Zero Group Owner's App.
- Home automation vendors still need to write a program to enable their home automation system to communicate with the product, but Designer products after this serial break have everything needed.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820