Purpose of Phone Jack or Ethernet Port
- What is the ethernet port (RJ14/RJ12) on Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove products for?
- What is the phone jack (RJ11) on Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove products for?
- Reason for RJ11, RJ12, RJ14 jack or port on a Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove
The service port (RJ11, RJ12, RJ14), commonly called a phone jack an ethernet port, serves a number of purposes on Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove products:
- Factory testing of products.
- Future diagnosis capabilities for service technicians.
- All BI Refrigeration Units, E Series Ovens, and WWD30 Warming Drawers include the ethernet port.
- Connection to smart grid appliance applications, such as Control4, Crestron, and Savant. This application may require an upgrade to the unit's control board or the purchase of third-party sales accessories.
- See also, Connect Appliances to Third-Party Systems.
- This does not include connecting to the Sub-Zero Group Owner's App.
- To connect to the Owner's App, refer to Sub-Zero Group Owner's App Connected Quick Start Guide.
Contact the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove Customer Care Team at (800) 222-7820, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. CST, for additional information.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820