Sub-Zero Classic Series (BI) Sabbath Mode
- SAb on the control panel of a Classic series (BI) refrigerator
- What features will disable during Sabbath Mode?
- How is Sabbath Mode set in a Classic series product?
- On a dispenser model, will the dispenser be disabled during Sabbath Mode?
- What does SAb on the control panel indicate?
- Why is SAb appearing on the control panel, and the lights not working?
- Can Sabbath Mode be left on all the time?
While in Sabbath Mode, the Classic series (BI) Sub-Zero will disable the lights, ice maker, door alarm, and dispenser.
- SAb shown on a Sub-Zero control panel indicates the Sabbath Mode is turned on.
- There is no harm in leaving the unit in Sabbath Mode.
- In the event of a power failure, when power returns, the unit will return to this mode.
- Note that Sabbath Mode cannot be initiated if the unit is in Showroom Mode. See also, Classic Series (BI) Showroom Mode Information.
- Sabbath Mode can be initiated if one section of the unit is disabled. Refer to Sub-Zero Classic Series (BI) Manual Compartment Disable for more information.
To enter or exit Sabbath Mode on a BI Series product:
- While power is turned on, touch the POWER button on control panel.
- "OFF" appears in the display.
- Touch and hold POWER for 10 seconds until "SAb" appears.
- To return to normal operating conditions, touch POWER.
- If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820