Sub-Zero 600, 500, and 200/300 Series and Model 430 Condenser Cleaning
- How to clean the condenser
- "Service" or "Vacuum Condenser" is flashing
- 600, 500, 200/300 Series or Model 430 running constantly or not cooling
- Sub-Zero temperatures are warm or hot
- Is there a chemical cleaner or degreaser that can be used to clean the condenser?
- There is a screen cage in front of the condenser. Can it be removed?
- How to remove the filter screen blocking the condenser?
- A paint brush, air compressor on a low setting, or a can of compressed air also work to clean the condenser.
- Condenser cleaning chemicals and degreaser are available from several suppliers and online, they are not necessary to clean a Sub-Zero condenser and are not recommended by Sub-Zero.
- A limited number of units had a protective screen in front of the condenser. Refer to the photograph of the caged condenser below.
- The screen cannot be removed as it is part of the sealed system. Vacuum it the same as the condenser.
- If there is a build-up of dust or debris behind the screen that the vacuum does not reach, use an air compressor on a low setting or a can of compressed air to blow the condenser clean.
Caged condenser image (typically seen on 685 & 695 models)
6. See also:
- Sub-Zero Face Frame Is Hot
- The product Use and Care Guide
- Sub-Zero with "Vacuum Condenser" or "Service" Flashing - Includes directions for clearing the flashing notification.
- Warm Refrigerator Troubleshooting
- Ice Maker Does Not Make Ice
- Sub-Zero Serial Tag Locations
- Water Dripping Noise From Freezer Section
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820