Sub-Zero Air Purification Filter Disposal and Recycling
- How to dispose of air filters
- Can the air purification cartridge be recycled?
- Air filter recycling
- Can the Classic Series (BI) or Designer Series (IT, IC) air purification cartridge be recycled?
Air purification cartridges can generally be disposed at any location that accepts compact fluorescent bulbs, or batteries.
- Most normal recycling centers do not take these items.
- Use Earth911, http://www.earth911.com, which has a local search to find locations in your area that accept compact fluorescent bulbs, batteries, and air filters for recycling.
- Click the Recycling Search link in the upper right corner.
- Enter “mercury” and a zip code.
- For Canadian Customers, enter the postal code.
- Click search for local results.
- Contact the local government waste management division for information on local guidelines or alternative drop-off sites.
- Replacement air purification cartridges are available for purchase through Sub-Zero’s Accessory Store or through a Factory Certified Parts Distributor.
- Each filter contains a compact fluorescent UVC lamp that contains 3 mg of mercury.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820