How to Use the Sub-Zero Air Purification System
- The air purification icon, pure air icon, or air filter icon is missing, shown, flashing, or blinking on display
- How do you turn PURE AIR on or off?
- Does the air purification cartridge eliminate odors in the refrigerator?
- Purchase air filters for Sub-Zero refrigerator
- Reset air filter indicator on Sub-Zero
- How to use or replace air filters
Models with an Air Purification System
Classic (BI) Refrigeration, Designer (IT, IC) Column, Tall, Drawer models ID-30RP and ID-36RP, and Professional Refrigeration models PRO4850 and PRO3650 are the only units that include air purification systems.
- All Freezer units do not feature air purification systems.
- It is not possible to add air purification systems to previous models (600 Series, 700 Series, etc.).
- Wine Storage units do not have air purification systems.
Many fresh foods emit ethylene gas, a naturally occurring compound that hastens food ripening and spoilage. Sub-Zero refrigerators come with an air purification system (based on technology developed by NASA) that scrubs the air of ethylene and odor every 20 minutes.
- If the air purification system is turned off, the fan will not run.
- The air purifier is intended to greatly reduce, not necessarily completely kill bacteria. We have not done testing specifically with the coronavirus so cannot state the air purification would reduce or eliminate the coronavirus.
- Odor Inside a Refrigerator
The "PURE AIR" key on the unit control panel turns on or turns off the air purification system.
The air purification icon looks similar to a sheet of paper with three wavy lines going through it.
- If the icon is not present, the air purification system is turned off.
- If the icon is present and not flashing, the air purification system is turned on.
- If the icon is present and flashing, the air purification cartridge needs to be replaced.
Using the air filter is not required. No harm will be done to the Sub-Zero unit if the air filter is not replaced or not used.
- The icon flashes signaling to replace the cartridge after about 365 days or if the cartridge bulb burns out.
- Note that in Designer (formerly Integrated) units, the remaining air filter life is indicated with a percentage. 100% is full filter life, which falls to 0% as the filter is used.
- Refer to How to Purchase Sub-Zero Air Filters for air filter part number and purchasing information.
- Classic Series Air Filter Replacement
- Designer Series Air Filter Replacement
- PRO Series Air Filter Replacement
- Sub-Zero Air Purification Filter Replacement
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820