Classic Series (BI) Air Filter Replacement
- Refer to How to Purchase Sub-Zero Air Filters for part number and purchasing information.
- Air purification filters are ready to be replaced whenever the indicator light begins to flash.
- A steady indicator light is normal.
- There is no harm to the Sub-Zero unit if the air filter is not replaced or not used.
For other product lines and general air filter information, refer to Sub-Zero Air Purification Filter Replacement.
- Find the air filter access door cover on the inside back wall of the refrigerator, upper right-hand side. The door is usually between the top two shelves depending on shelf placement. It may be necessary to remove a shelf if it is positioned in front of the access door.
- To access the air purification cartridge, hold the outside cover from the bottom and rotate upward. The cartridge will be inside as shown.
- Hold the black cover from the top and rotate downward. The cartridge will pop out and can be removed.
- Remove the new cartridge from packaging and insert with connector pointing downward.
- The Sub-Zero logo does not have to be facing out. The cartridge may be installed with the logo facing inside the unit.
- Once in position, close the black cover. Then rotate the outside cover downward until it closes against the back wall.
- Once the cartridge has been replaced, touch and hold PURE AIR on the control panel for five seconds to reset.
- The indicator will appear in the control panel display but not flash.
- The timer is reset.
If the filter light does not clear:
- Make sure the pad of the fingertip is used to press the button to reset the timer.
- If the cartridge is replaced before the icon starts to flash, the PURE AIR key still must be held for five seconds to reset the timer.
- If the light continues to flash, contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820