Sub-Zero Dispenser Chute Door or Cup Frozen or Stuck
- Dispenser chute door or dispenser cup freezes over, will not fully open or close due to ice
- Door at top of dispenser chute or near ice bucket is frozen and will not open or close properly
- Cup at bottom of dispenser chute is frozen or sticking and will not open or close properly
- Ice, frost, or condensation forming around ice chute for dispenser
- Dispenser mullion heater assembly is frozen
- Verify temperature setpoints: 0°F for the freezer section and 38°F for the refrigerator section.
- Verify no ice cubes are blocking the mullion chute door from closing properly.
- Clean the Condenser.
- Defrost the unit. Refer to Manually Defrost a Sub-Zero for instructions.
- Make sure refrigerator and freezer doors are closing properly.
- Inspect refrigerator and freezer door gaskets for damage. Replace If Necessary.
- If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820