Sub-Zero Framed Handle Is Loose
- Framed door handle is loose or has pulled off of the door
- How do you tighten or remove the handle on a framed door panel?
- Is a service technician needed to tighten a door handle?
Framed handles on a refrigeration unit are secured to the side of the door frame; to tighten or attach a handle, the screws must be exposed:
- Framed panels are removed in the same fashion as an overlay panel; however, a full-length handle is used rather than the handle-side trim.
- At a minimum, a flat tip (standard), Phillips head, or Torx bit screwdriver will be needed.
- Use a small amount of blue Loctite to reduce the possibility of the handle vibrating loose in the future.
- Refer to the product Installation Guide for further installation information.
200/300, 500, 600, and Classic (BI) Series Units:
- Remove the handle door trim and molding.
200 Series Undercounter Units:
- Remove door handle. Handle is found on the top of the 245 model, and on the side on other models. Handle is held on with Phillips head screws.
- With panel in position, replace handle. Replace and tighten all screws. Do not over-tighten and "strip" screws.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
For information about other models, see also:
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820