Loose Handle on Sub-Zero Custom Panel
- Door handle is loose or has pulled off of the door
- How to tighten or remove the handle on an overlay door panel
- Is a service technician needed to tighten a door handle?
Handles on a custom overlay or integrated panels are attached to a mounting stud or bolt installed into the handle through the back of the panel. To tighten or attach a handle, the back of the overlay panel must be exposed:
- A Phillips head and/or Torx bit screwdriver will be needed depending on model.
- Use a small amount of blue Loctite on the handle screws to reduce the possibility of the handle vibrating loose in the future.
- If an overlay handle is damaged and needs to be repaired or replaced, contact the manufacturer of the custom handle.
- If the custom overlay panel is damaged, contact a cabinet maker to repair the panel.
- Custom handles are often used on custom overlay panels, often the same type used by the surrounding cabinetry. Contact the manufacturer of the pull for mounting hardware information (size and type of screw, etc.).
Classic Series (BI), 500 Series, 600 Series, and WS-30 Units
- Remove the handle door trim and molding:
- Slide the panel out of the door frame enough to expose the handle mounting stud or bolt and tighten it.
- Reinsert the panel and put the trim molding back in place.
700 Series (Including IC-27 Models), and 427R Units
- Remove the molding trim from the hinge side of unit or bottom of drawer.
- Remove the magnetic caps covering the side mounting brackets.
- Remove the screws from the side mounting brackets.
- Remove the panel by pulling down and out to release the panel mounting tabs from the drawer.
- Tighten the handle screws from the back side.
- See also, Sub-Zero 700 Series Panel Removal.
Designer Series (ID, IT, all other IC)
- Remove the molding trim from the door or drawer.
- Insert a flat blade screwdriver into the top corner slot on the handle side and pop out the trim molding.
- This will remove the trim covering the screws that hold the handle side door trim in place.
- In order to remove the trim molding for the drawers (IT units), insert a flat blade screwdriver into the back right side of the drawer notch, and then push away from the handle.
- With the handle removed, slide the door panel all the way out to remove.
- Loosen the mounting screws from the back of the panel.
- Remove door panel from the unit.
- Tighten the handle screws from the back side of the custom panel.
- This process is the same for handles on a stainless steel flush inset panel.
- See also, Designer and Designer Wine Stainless Steel Door Panels.
315W, 424G, and 427 Units
- Fold the door gasket back to reveal the screws holding the handle in place.
- Tighten the handle screws.
UC Undercounter Series Units
- Remove magnetic caps covering side mounting brackets on hinge side of unit.
- Remove screws from side mounting brackets.
- Remove panel from the unit by sliding it away from the hinge side to release the panel mounting tabs from the door.
- Tighten the screws from the back side of the panel.
Refer to the product Installation Guide for further installation information.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820