Sub-Zero Ice Maker or Water Valve Noise
- Unit makes clicking or grinding noise every 2-3 hours
- Sub-Zero makes loud water gushing noise
- Water line or ice maker is not connected, but water valve or ice maker continue to make noise
- Normal ice maker / water valve operation
- Jammed ice cube in ice maker assembly / blocking ice ejector
- Lack of water flowing through water valve
- Drain pump and water pump in Undercounter Ice Makers
- The ice maker and water valve will make noise during operation.
- On average, these noises may be heard every 2-3 hours, more often if the Max Ice feature is turned on (BI Series only).
- Undercounter Ice Makers produce a batch of ice as often as every 20 minutes and continue to make noise as they produce and eject ice cubes.
- Undercounter Ice Makers also have water and drain pumps that make noise during operation.
- A banging noise may be heard when the water valve shuts.
- These noises are considered normal operation.
- If noises are unusual, or ice maker has stopped working, refer to Undercounter Ice Maker 315I Troubleshooting or Ice Maker Does Not Make Ice.
- If water line or ice maker is reported as not connected; make sure ice maker is turned off.
- For Undercounter Ice Makers, see UC-15I(P) Undercounter Ice Maker Noise.
- If the noise persists, or changes over time, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Service is needed to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820