Sub-Zero Runs Too Much
- Refrigerator, freezer, wine storage unit uses too much electricity
- Sub-Zero runs all the time and temperatures are normal
- Does a refrigeration product work better with a lot of food in it
- Do empty refrigerators or freezers affect performance
- Too much food in a refrigerator, unit is warm
- Verify the condenser is clean.
- Review compressor run time and condenser fan run time for model specific information.
- Verify an average amount of food is stored in the product.
- Too much food can prevent proper air flow and cause the unit to run more that normal.
- Too much food can cause poor temperatures or defrost issues.
- Too little or no food will cause the product to run more than normal.
- Refrigerators and freezers work best when they are 25-75% full.
- If the unit is not in use but is turned on, fill with bags of ice in the freezer and bottles of water in the refrigerator to stablize temperatures and to reduce run time.
- See also, Sub-Zero Vacation Settings.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820