Condenser Fan Motor Operation
- Should the condenser fan motor on a Sub-Zero run continuously?
- Why does the fan motor run all the time?
- Unit never shuts off, even when the controls are turned off
- Does the fan turn on and off or should it stay on?
- If the fan motor does turn off, what controls it?
- Does the fan blow air into the condenser or suck air through the condenser?
Condenser Fan Information
Condenser fans draw outside air into the condenser. The fan pulls air in through the condenser.
Any Sub-Zero model listed in the table below has a condenser fan motor that runs continuously.
|Model #|| |
Condenser Fan Motor Runs 100% of the Time
|511||(M/P*) prior to serial number 1004775 [except between (M) 964470 to (M) 964769]|
|532||(M/P) prior to serial number 1004775 [except between (M) 964770 to (M) 965069 and (M) 990700 to (M) 990999]|
|550||(M/P) prior to serial number 1004775 [except between (M) 964070 to (M) 964469 and (M) 984750 to (M) 985149]|
|561||(M/P) prior to serial number 1004775 [except between (M) 965470 to (M) 965869]|
|590||(M/P) prior to serial number 1004775 [except between (M/P) 965870 to (M/P) 966269]|
|427R||prior to serial number 1944319|
*M indicates product made in Madison, WI; P indicates product made in Phoenix, AZ.
Any Sub-Zero model not listed above has a condenser fan motor that cycles on and off based on compressor run time.
- If the condenser fan motor on a unit after the serial number listed above is running continuously, Clean the Condenser.
- The compressors also make a fan noise when running, refer to Compressor Run Time for more information.
- Humming or vibration noises may be due to a fan motor. Refer to Sub-Zero Refrigerator or Freezer Noises for troubleshooting information.
Genuine Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove parts are available by calling the Factory Certified Parts Distributor in your area. Only filters and cleaners are available for online purchase in the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove Store. Other parts are not available for purchase online. Use Locator to find the Parts Distributor for your area.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820