Sub-Zero Professional Refrigeration Dual Installation with Classic (BI) or Designer (IT, IC, IW) Series
- When installing Professional Refrigeration Series product next to a Classic (BI) or Designer (IT, IC, IW) Series Sub-Zero, which dual installation heater kit should be used?
- Can a PRO3650 be installed next to a BI product
- Can a Designer Wine Storage (IW) product be installed alongside a PRO3650 model?
When installing two different series next to one another, like a PRO3650 and a Classic (BI), Designer (IT, IC), or Designer Wine Storage (IW) model, and you do not have the minimum 2" filler, use the heater from either dual installation kit.
- Sub-Zero does not offer specifications for this type of installation. Sub-Zero suggests using a minimum 2" filler strip between a Professional Series and Classic series, Designer series, or Designer Wine Storage.
- The trim provided with either dual heater kit will not fit when placing different series of products next to each other.
- A custom filler piece is necessary to close the gap at the top.
- A bracket to hold the units together at the top is not available.
- The only component of the dual installation kit that will be used for this type of installation is the heater.
- The dual heater kit is typically placed on the right side of a Classic series unit and the left side of all other units.
- Door handles will not align when placed side by side.
- The depth needed is not the same, and the doors of the PRO3650 will sit proud, even in a flush inset installation.
- See also:
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820