Sub-Zero UC-15I Water Flow and Usage
- Should water constantly flow in the UC15I(P)?
- How much water does the Undercounter Ice Maker use per day?
- What is the operation of the UC-15I?
- UC15I water usage
- Constant water flowing in UC-15I
Water will continuously flow through the ice maker assembly of the UC-15I(P) during the ice production cycle. This is normal.
- The unit will continue to operate until the ice builds up high enough to contact the bin thermostat sensor tube. Then, it will turn off.
- The ice maker stays off until ice no longer contacts the bin thermostat bulb holder and the thermostat bulb warms up.
- The increase in temperature will restart the ice maker.
- The amount of time that the unit will run to replace melted ice (with the door always closed) is approximately four (4) hours per day. The amount of time the ice maker runs to replace ice removed during use depends on:
- How much ice is used
- How often ice is removed
- How clean the ice maker is
- The temperature of the ambient air and water supplied to the ice maker
- An empty ice bin takes twelve (12) to twenty-four (24) hours to refill.
- The ice maker uses approximately 1 gallon of water per hour or 24 gallons per day.
- Water only flows in the ice maker assembly when the unit is in the ice production cycle.
- During the clean cycle, the unit uses about 3.9 gallons of water; water use varies based on incoming water pressure.
If water flow does not stop when the ice production cycle finishes, service is necessary to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820