- Why is water leaking from underneath a Sub-Zero?
- Why would water leak from the bottom of a Sub-Zero?
- What would leak water below a Sub-Zero?
Steps to Verify Issue:
If the amount of water is greater than a pint, it is likely from the water valve on the product or the home plumbing connections to the unit.
- Find the water supply shut-off valve and turn the water supply off. The connection may be under the product, in an adjacent cabinet, in the basement near the utilities.
- Remove the kickplate at the bottom of the unit. The kickplate is typically held in by two or four screws. There may be a decorative cover over the kickplate, if so remove it first.
- If the water is leaking from the home plumbing connections, contact a local plumber.
- If water leaks from the water valve on the product, the water valve may need replacement. Factory Certified Service is needed to replace this part.
- If water leaks from the drain pan area, the pan may cracked or broken. Replace the Drain Pan if needed. Genuine Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove parts are available by calling the Factory Certified Parts Distributor in your area.
- If water is overflowing from the drain pan, verify it is properly installed and level.
- If there is a standing puddle, solid stream, or water flow, it may originate from inside the refrigerator or freezer section. See Water Leaking from Sub-Zero for suggestions.
- If there is water on the door, door hinge, or door gasket, the drain tube may be clogged. See Water Leaking from Sub-Zero for suggestions.
- If the water leaking issue is still present, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
Note: Drain pans on the following units are not accessible:
- 700 Series
- Designer (formerly Integrated) Series
- Wine Storage Units
- Undercounter Series
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820