Downdraft Does Not Go Down
- Downdraft Ventilation will not lower
- Have to push Downdraft chimney down by hand
- Downdraft does not move down on its own
- Downdraft chimney stuck in the up position
- Improper installation
- Downdraft chimney out of alignment
- Gear motor
- Crank assembly
- Faulty user interface (control) or communication cable
- Electrical supply issue
- Verify installation is completed to specification.
- Turn the home circuit breaker to the unit off for 10 seconds then back on again. Retest the unit operation.
- Unplug the communication cable from the Downdraft and control. Plug the communication cable back into the control and Downdraft.
- Make sure nothing is blocking path of Downdraft chimney.
- Verify grille and filters are installed properly. Refer to Downdraft (DD) Use and Care Guide.
- Do not attempt to manually force the Downdraft down into position.
- For 14" high Downdraft models, see 14" Downdraft Will Not Retract.
- See also:
A Downdraft stuck in the up position must be taken apart to repair. This is difficult and Wolf suggests it be done by Factory Certified Service.
If these troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, service is necessary to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820