Downdraft Does Not Go Up
- Downdraft will not raise
- Have to lift Downdraft chimney up by hand
- Downdraft does not move up on its own
- Downdraft chimney stuck in the down position
- Improper installation
- Downdraft chimney out of alignment
- Gear motor
- Crank assembly
- Faulty user interface (control) or communication cable
- Electrical supply issue
- Verify installation is completed to specification. See also:
- Turn the home circuit breaker to the unit off for 10 seconds then back on again. Retest the unit operation.
- Unplug the communication cable from the Downdraft and control. Plug the communication cable back into the control and Downdraft.
- Make sure nothing is blocking path of Downdraft chimney.
- Verify grille and filters are installed properly. Refer to the Downdraft (DD) Use and Care Guide.
- Do not attempt to manually force the Downdraft up into position.
- See also, Downdraft Does Not Go Down.
A Downdraft that is stuck in the down position needs to be taken apart to repair. This is difficult and Wolf suggests it only be done by Factory Certified Service.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820