BEFORE YOU START: It’s important to have the boneless leg of lamb tied prior to roasting — this is something that can be done by your butcher.
KEEP SCREEN ON
Yield: Makes 8-10 Serings
Ingredients¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup whole grain mustard
¼ cup chopped fresh chives
2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
4 cloves garlic, peeled, finely chopped
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
1 (5–7 pound) boneless leg of lamb, rolled and tied with butcher’s twine
Two days ahead
- Combine all ingredients except the lamb in a small bowl.
- Working over a baking sheet or cutting board, spread the mixture over entire surface of lamb roast.
- Wrap lamb tightly in plastic wrap and place on a pan or large dish and store in the refrigerator for 2 days.
- Remove the lamb from the plastic and place on rack in a roasting pan.
- Insert temperature probe into the thickest part of the lamb roast and place the pan into the oven on rack position 2.
- Plug the probe into the receptacle.
- Set the oven to 350°F on Convection Roast Mode and set the probe alert temperature to 125°F.
- Cook until internal temperature has been reached.
- Using a secondary thermometer, check that the roast has reached the proper temperature.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow to rest for 20 minutes before carving.