Buttery, tender, and tart – everything a lemon bar should be.
Yield: Makes 1 Pan
Short Dough2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup powdered sugar
2 sticks butter, cubed
1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
Custard1 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon lemon zest
6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- Preheat the oven on the Convection Mode at 325°F with a rack set on position 2.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients and pulse until the mixture begins to look sandy.
- Pour out the mixture onto the counter and knead until a soft dough forms.
- Press into a greased 10x15 jelly roll pan and bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to fully cool.
- Preheat the oven on Convection Mode at 300°F with a rack set on position 2.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour and sugar.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Pour the mixture over the cooled short dough and bake for 12-15 minutes or until just set.