KEEP SCREEN ON
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
Ingredients1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons ice water
1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
3/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1 egg yolk
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, butter and salt with fingertips and palms until butter is fully incorporated.
- Add ice water and gently knead until just combined.
- * Flatten out into a 6” circle, wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least an hour.
- Position oven racks to #2 and #4. Preheat Wolf oven in CONVECTION BAKE at 375°F (191°C).
- Remove crust from Sub-Zero refrigerator and roll out on floured surface with rolling pin until it is a 14” circle.
- Fit dough into 9.5-inch glass or ceramic pie dish. Fold edges of dough under the rim and crimp with fingers to make a decorative edge.
- Line shell with foil and fill with either dry beans or dry pasta. Place pie dish on Rack 2 in center of oven and bake 20 minutes.
- Remove pie crust from oven and remove foil with beans. Prick with a fork.
- Return to the oven on Rack 2 and bake another 2 minutes.
- Brush crust with egg yolk and bake another 2 minutes on Rack 2.
- Meanwhile, combine all ingredients for pie filling in a large bowl with a whisk.
- When shell is done, pour filling into shell. Place back in oven on Rack 4 and bake 1 hour or until the filling moves like gelatin when lightly shook.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing.
*For Easy Preparation:
The crust can be combined using a 10-cup or larger food processor bowl and cutting blade. Place flour, butter and salt in the bowl.Pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add ice water and pulse until mixture resembles peas. Remove onto floured surface and continue as above.