BEFORE YOU START: <div><strong>Note: This recipe was developed exclusively for the Wolf Convection Steam Oven.</strong><br> </div> <p>The key to this recipe is the sauce. It is important to continuously stir the sauce with a rubber scraper throughout the entire process. Make sure to get into the corners of the pan.</p>
KEEP SCREEN ON
Yield: Makes 4 to 5 servings
Ingredients6 medium red potatoes, peeled, quartered, sliced 1/4-inch thick (2 pounds)
1 cup diced ham (5 ounces)
1/3 cup diced onion
1 1/2 cups milk
6 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Mix potatoes, ham and onion in greased 2 1/2-quart casserole.
- Set aside.
To make sauce:
- In 2-quart saucepan on Wolf cooktop over medium heat, combine milk, butter, cornstarch, salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir 5 minutes or until smooth and thickened.
- Pour hot sauce over potato mixture.
- Place oven rack to rack position 2.
- Place casserole on rack.
- Close oven door.
- Set oven to convection humid mode at 345°F (175°C).
- Bake 1 hour or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving.