Cove Dishwasher Water Softener Salt Solidified
- Softener salt is a solid block
- Salt is clumped together
- Add water softener salt message will not clear
- Softener salt tank is clogged, blocked, restricted with salt
- Improper first-time use procedure
- Wrong softener salt used
- Incorrect water hardness setting
- Verify water softener salt is in use.
- If the dishwasher does not need softener salt, refer to Cove Dishwasher Run Water Softener Model Without Salt to disable the softener feature.
- Make sure the water softener compartment was filled properly before the first-time use.
- Before filling the salt compartment for the first time, fill the compartment with water and add salt to the water-filled compartment.
- See Cove Dishwasher Add Water Softener Salt.
- Verify the correct water softener salt is being used. See Cove Water Softener Salt Suggestions.
- Make sure the water hardness is set properly. A water hardness setting of "0" will disable the water softener. For additional information, see:
- Make sure the regeneration process is being completed. See Cove Dishwasher Water Softener Regeneration.
- If any steps above were improperly done, it may be necessary to safely break apart the solidified salt block and remove it from the softener compartment with a vacuum.
- If these troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, service is necessary to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820