- Constant or intermittent sparking or clicking Dual Fuel gas surface burner
- DF Gas burner does not click or clicks when not in use
- Surface burner clicking when charbroiler or griddle is in use
- Surface burner continues to click after ignition or clicks after burner has been turned off
- Gas burner will not shut off
Steps to Verify Issue:
If a Wolf gas burner has clicking issues:
- Verify burners are clean and dry using the Wolf Cleaning Reference Guide and How to Clean Surface Burner Caps and Rings.
- Ignitor can be gently cleaned with a soft, dry toothbrush if needed.
- Clean food particles out of holes in the burner assembly using a toothpick.
- Make sure burner cap is positioned properly.
- For units prior to serial number 17000000, if the burner cap screws into the burner head, make sure it is tightly fastened. Burners will only light if these are in place.
- If the unit was recently cleaned or a spillover occurred and the ignitor is wet, let the unit dry.
- Use a hairdryer as needed to speed up the process.
- Verify power is supplied to the product.
- If the burner or unit was not used in a while, more clicking may occur. Turn the burner off after 10 seconds. If not lit, wait a minute and try again.
- It may take time to clear the lines of air and deliver gas to the burner for ignition.
- Verify the pan is not too large, starving burner for air. Large pots/pans can starve the burner for oxygen, causing the flame to lift, searching for oxygen.
- Try turning burner to a lower setting. If sparking stops, the pot/pan may be too large.
- If the burner clicks when the charbroiler is in use, turn on the ventilation hood. Wolf suggests turning the hood on before the charbroiler.
- Make sure burner control knob is not stuck; push in or down on the knob and then release, the knob should spring back into place.
- Turn the home circuit breaker to the unit off for 30 seconds then back on again. Retest operation.
- If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820