- Clean dirty burner grates
- Can burner grates be self-cleaned in an oven or placed in a dishwasher?
- Black finish on grates or griddle grease tray discolored, cracking, peeling, chipped, faded, or rusting
Burner grates may become discolored with normal use.
Grate Cleaning Instructions
- Remove grates.
- Use a no-scratch cleaning pad and clean with hot water and mild detergent or a paste made of baking soda and water.
- Use degreasers or Easy-Off® Fume Free Oven Cleaner with a blue Scotch-Brite™ pad sparingly. Degreasers include Formula 409 products and citrus cleaners (for example, Fantastik Lemon).
- Rinse and towel dry.
Grate Cleaning Tips
- Do not immerse or soak burner grates in water.
- Do not clean burner grates by heating them at high heat in the oven or leaving them in the oven during Self-Clean mode.
- Do not clean burner grates in the dishwasher. Burner grates are not dishwasher safe.
- Burner grates are made of cast iron with a matte black porcelain coated finish. Refer to Burner Grate Material for more information.
- Some cooking methods result in heavier staining, such as use of pots and pans made of metals other than anodized aluminum, stainless steel, or cast iron that can leave white or gray residue on burner grates.
- Acidic food spills, such as tomato sauce, can leave permanent stains.
- Surface rust can occur if burner grates or oven racks are soaked for long periods or not dried thoroughly.
- Rust can be removed using fine grade steel wool and by cleaning with a no-scratch Scotch-Brite™ pad and a mild abrasive cleaner.
- Wolf does not suggest painting burner grates if the finish is worn, faded, or chipped. A new grate is needed.
- See also:
Carbona® 2-in-1 Oven Rack and Grill Cleaner
- Carbona discontinued the 2-in-1 Oven Rack and Grill Cleaner in March 2017.
- Carbona® 2-in-1 Oven Rack and Grill Cleaner may be available for purchase through Amazon. It is available only in the United States.
- Refer to How to Clean Oven Racks for information on alternate cleaning products.
If necessary, contact a Factory Certified Parts Distributor to order replacement grates.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820