- Refrigerator or freezer fan does not work
- How to replace fan switch
- What does the fan switch do?
- Does my unit have two fan switches?
- What does the switch next to the fan switch do?
Steps to Verify Issue:
- Verify the unit is cooling properly.
- If the fan does not come on when the fan switch is pressed for several minutes, it may be faulty.
- The light and fan switches are mounted to the top mainframe. The light switch is on the left, and the fan switch is on the right.
- The fan and light switches have separate part numbers.
- The fan switch controls the evaporator fan.
- The fan switch performs the opposite function than the light switch. It turns on instead of off when the door is closed.
- If a light switch is installed in the fan switch location, poor temperatures will result.
- If the fan switch is not working, symptoms may include temperature issues (bottom is cold, top is warm).
- If the lights are out inside a refrigeration unit, see Refrigerator or Freezer Light Switch Information.
- It is not necessary to replace the fan switch if the light switch needs replacing.
- Fan and light switches are replaced the same way. Hhowever, diagnosing a fan switch as the only issue with a product is difficult, and Factory Certified Service is suggested to ensure the unit continues to cool properly.
- See also:
Contact a Factory Certified Parts Distributor to order parts.
Refer to the documents below for instructions to replace fan switches.
|200/300 Series*||7014651||Switch Instructions|
|500 Series**||7014651||Switch Instructions|
|600 Series||7014651||Switch Instructions|
|501 and 601 Fan Switch||7004259||Switch Instructions|
|700 Series Upper Section||7004259||Switch Instructions|
|Model 424||7004259||Switch Instructions|
|Model 427||7004259||Switch Instructions|
|BI Series Light Switch||7007259||Switch Instructions|
*Prior to serial number M393733/P397233, use 4200340.
**Model 550 - Prior to serial number M702716/P700765, except between M681166 - M681565, use 7004259.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820