Sub-Zero Classic Series (BI) Beeping or Chiming
- Sub-Zero Classic series (BI) unit beeping or chiming
- BI unit will not stop beeping
- Why does BI unit chime periodically?
- Make sure the door ajar alarm is not active. See Sub-Zero Classic (BI) Door Ajar Alarm.
- If the door ajar alarm sounds and the door appears closed, something is blocking the door from closing. For tips to resolve this issue, refer to:
- Check for service indicators, such as a flashing or steady wrench icon. See also:
- Verify door is closing properly. See Sub-Zero Door Difficult to Close.
- It is possible that a different appliance is beeping instead of the refrigerator. See Sub-Zero Beeping for troubleshooting steps.
- If the beeping or chiming does not stop following these steps, service is necessary to diagnose and repair the unit. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
- The only way to turn the alarm off if the previous steps do not work is to turn the unit off at the circuit breaker.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820