This may be the door ajar alarm. To confirm, turn off the door ajar alarm:
- Classic (Formerly Built-In) Door Ajar Alarm
- Designer (Formerly Integrated) and Designer Wine Door or Drawer Alarm
- 600 and 700 Series Door Ajar Alarm
- Undercounter UC-24 Door Ajar Alarm
- 648PRO Professional Refrigeration Door Ajar Alarm
- PRO3650 and PRO4850 Refrigeration Door and Drawer Alarm
Note that the alarm volume can be adjusted only on some models.
- Remove anything blocking the door from closing completely. See Door Will Not Close.
- If installed, move or remove the gallon-size door shelf, which may block the door from closing. See Gallon-Size Door Shelf Information.
- Turn off the unit at the control panel using the unit on/off button.
- With the unit off, monitor for 15-30 minutes to see if the beeping continues.
- If the beeping continues with the power supply to the unit turned off, the noise is not coming from the refrigerator.
- Often beeping noises thought to come from a Sub-Zero are from another appliance in the kitchen, such as a dishwasher, garbage disposal, or oven.
- Verify the other appliances in the kitchen are not the cause of the noise.
- Restore power to the unit.
- If beeping returns when power is restored, service is necessary to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
- See also, Sub-Zero Classic Series (BI) Alarm Silencing.
If a Classic product beeps with the service icon or wrench icon shown, the unit has logged a major error code. Factory Certified Service is necessary to expertly diagnose and repair the product.
For more information, refer to:
- Classic Series (BI) with Service Icon Steady No Alarm Chiming
- Classic Series (BI) with Wrench Icon Steady and Alarm Chiming
- Classic Series (BI) with Service Icon Steady or Wrench Flashing with Alarm Chiming
- Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820