- Refrigerator beeps regularly or constantly
- Refrigerator chimes when door is open or closed
- Chiming noise coming from the Sub-Zero
Troubleshooting steps differ depending on the scenario.
If the beeping occurs when the door is open:
This may be the door ajar alarm. To confirm, turn off the door ajar alarm.
For instructions on turning the door ajar alarm on or off or to adjust the volume on some models, see:
- Classic (Formerly Built-In) Door Ajar Alarm
- Designer (Formerly Integrated) and Designer Wine Door or Drawer Alarm
- 600 and 700 Series Door Ajar Alarm
- Undercounter UC-24 Door Ajar Alarm
- 648PRO Professional Refrigeration Door Ajar Alarm
- PRO3650 and PRO4850 Refrigeration Door and Drawer Alarm
If the beeping occurs when the door appears to be closed:
- Remove anything blocking the door from closing completely. See Door Will Not Close.
- If installed, move or remove the gallon-size door shelf, which may block the door from closing. See Gallon-Size Door Shelf Information.
- Turn off the unit at the control panel using the unit on/off button.
- With the unit off, monitor for 15-30 minutes to see if the beeping continues.
- Restore power to the unit. If the beeping continued with the power supply to the unit turned off, the noise is not coming from the refrigerator.
- Often beeping noises thought to come from a Sub-Zero are from another appliance in the kitchen such as a dishwasher, garbage disposal, or oven.
- Verify the other appliances in the kitchen are not the cause of the noise.
- If these troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, service is necessary to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
- See also, Sub-Zero Classic Series (BI) Alarm Silencing.
If a Classic product beeps with the service icon or wrench icon shown:
The unit has logged a major error code. Service is necessary to expertly diagnose and repair the product.
- Refer to Classic Series with Service Icon Steady or Wrench Flashing with Alarm Chiming for more information.
- Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
If the interior lights turn off after the door is open for an extended time:
Refer to Sub-Zero Light Terminators for troubleshooting steps.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820