Wolf Burner Grate Cleaning Instructions
- Clean dirty burner grates
- Can burner grates be self-cleaned in an oven or placed in a dishwasher?
- Black finish on grates or griddle grease tray discolored, cracking, peeling, chipped, faded, or rusting
- Why is there gray or white residue on burner grates?
- Can melted plastic be removed from burner grates?
Grate Cleaning Instructions
- Remove grates.
- Use a no-scratch cleaning pad and clean with hot water and mild detergent or a paste made of baking soda and water.
- Use degreasers or Easy-Off® Fume Free Oven Cleaner with a blue Scotch-Brite™ pad sparingly. Degreasers include Formula 409 products and citrus cleaners (for example, Fantastik Lemon).
- Rinse and towel dry.
Grate Cleaning Tips
- Do not immerse or soak burner grates in water.
- Do not clean burner grates by heating them at high heat in the oven or by leaving them in the oven during Self-Clean mode.
- Do not clean burner grates in the dishwasher. Burner grates are not dishwasher safe.
Burner grates may become discolored with normal use. Some cooking methods or cookware result in heavier staining.
- A white or gray residue may be left on burner grates if using pots and pans made of metals other than anodized aluminum, stainless steel, or cast iron.
- Acidic food spills, such as tomato sauce, can leave permanent stains.
Burner grates are made of cast iron with a matte black porcelain coated finish. Refer to Burner Grate Material for more information.
- Surface rust can occur if burner grates or oven racks are soaked for long periods or not dried thoroughly.
- Rust can be removed using fine grade steel wool and by cleaning with a no-scratch Scotch-Brite™ pad and a mild abrasive cleaner.
- If the finish is worn, faded, or chipped, Wolf does not suggest painting burner grates. A new grate is needed.
If plastic has been melted onto the burner grates, no cleaning advice is available. Grate replacement is recommended.
Purchase Burner Grates
If replacement grates are needed, contact a Factory Certified Parts Distributor to order parts.
- Wolf Cookware Recommendations
- Gas Surface Burner Clicking
- Wolf CT Gas Cooktop, Dual Fuel, GR Gas Range, Sealed Burner Rangetop Burner Grate Pads
- Wolf Burner Grate Pad Replacement
If necessary, contact a Factory Certified Parts Distributor to order replacement grates.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820