Smoke or Flames Coming from Oven
- Smoke rolling out the oven door when the oven is in use
- Smoke coming from oven when turned on, even when oven is clean
- Excessive smoke when opening the oven door
- Flames coming from bottom of range
- Improper burn in done on new product
- Spills and debris inside oven
- Issue with oven catalyst covered in grease or malfunctioning
- If the oven is new, make sure a proper burn-in was done before first use. If not, do a burn-in now.
- For self-cleaning ovens, it may be time to do a self-clean.
- Wipe out and clean any spills or debris in the oven that may cause excessive smoke.
- Gas Ranges can have a small amount of flame visible under the unit during oven ignition.
- If the flames appear excessive, see Gas Oven Delayed Ignition.
- If excessive flames or fire is suspected, shut off oven and gas line and contact Factory Certified Service.
- If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
For further cleaning information, see:
- Cleaning Blue Oven Interior
- Cleaning Black Oven Interior
- Dual Fuel and Wall Ovens Smoke and Odor During Self-Clean
- Wolf Outdoor Grill Cleaning Instructions
Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820