Convection Steam Oven (Knob Control) Temperature Probe Use
- How to set temperature probe feature
- Suggested internal temperature for food safety
- Temperature probe is not working in earlier models of Convection Steam Oven (CSO)
- How to clean the temperature probe
- What is the part number of the CSO (earlier models) probe?
- CSO probe part 820867
- What color is the CSO probe?
The Convection Steam Oven (CSO) temperature probe measures the internal temperature of food without opening the oven door.
- Calculating a total cooking time by weight is no longer necessary using this feature.
- The CSO probe is black and is not interchangeable with other probes.
- When the temperature probe is installed, the actual probe temperature will be shown once it has reached 85°F (30°C).
To set the probe:
- Select the desired cooking mode and temperature.
- Place the probe in the thickest part of the food being cooked, then insert connector into the receptacle. Refer to the video below for a demonstration.
- The probe must be fully seated before the probe temperature setting can be selected.
- Preheating is not required for the CSO.
- Press Temp (do not press OK).
- Press Temp a second time, turn the knob to select desired doneness, and press OK.
- The probe temperature will appear on the display once it has reached 85°F (30°C).
- Press Temp to toggle the display between the actual probe temperature and oven set temperature.
- To clean the probe after each use, wipe it with a moist cloth and a small amount of mild dish soap. Wipe dry. Never submerge probe in water.
Refer to the video below for how to plug in the temperature probe.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820