Sub-Zero Group Owner's App Difference Between Wi-Fi Connected and Bluetooth Only Mode
- Is my appliance connected to Wi-Fi or Bluetooth?
- Bluetooth Only Mode vs. Wi-Fi Connected Mode
- What is the difference between Bluetooth Only Mode and Wi-Fi Connected Mode in the Sub-Zero Group Owner’s App?
Note that Bluetooth Only Mode is accessible only for Legacy Designer Series (IT, IC, ID) starting with serial number 5959000.
- Bluetooth Only Mode is optional. Units starting with serial number 5959000 can use either Bluetooth Only Mode or Wi-Fi Connected Mode.
Wi-Fi Connected Mode
If Wi-Fi Connected Mode is selected in the Sub-Zero Group Owner's App, the appliance will pair to the home Wi-Fi network.
- All Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove connected capable appliances can use Wi-Fi Connected Mode
- Refer to Sub-Zero Group Owner's App Overview for information on Wi-Fi Connected Mode and its accessible features.
If a home has Legacy Designer products as well as other connected capable appliances, Sub-Zero recommends pairing all appliances using a Wi-Fi connection for ease of use.
- If some appliances are paired with Bluetooth Only Mode and others are paired using Wi-Fi Connection Mode, the app must be switched between the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi modes to control the respective appliances.
Bluetooth Only Mode
If Bluetooth Only Mode is selected in the Sub-Zero Group Owner’s App, your mobile device will pair to the appliance via Bluetooth. Bluetooth Only Mode allows pairing without a Wi-Fi connection or creating a user account.
- When the appliance is in Bluetooth Only Mode, a Bluetooth icon will appear in the upper-right corner of the appliance home screen.
The following features are available in Bluetooth Only Mode:
- Monitor and control appliance temperature
- Control Ice Maker settings such as Max Ice and Night Ice
- Monitor or change modes such as Sabbath, High Usage, and Vacation
- Monitor Air Purification and Water Filtration status including days of purifier and filter life remaining.
- Access product information such as manuals, serial number, and warranty.
- Refer to Legacy Designer Series (IT, IC, ID) Connected Feature for further information on Bluetooth Only Mode accessible features.
- Users must stand within 20 feet of the appliance in order to use the app with the appliance.
The following features are not available in Bluetooth Only Mode:
- Access or control appliance from outside Bluetooth range (approximately 20 feet)
- Receive appliance notifications through the app
- Create a Sub-Zero Owner's App account
- Access Virtual Assistants
- Access Smart Reorders
All of the listed features are available in Wi-Fi Connected Mode.
For further information on Bluetooth Only Mode, see Sub-Zero Group Owner’s App Bluetooth Only Mode Overview.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820