- How long does a door need to be open before the door ajar alarm beeps? Can this time be adjusted?
- Can you adjust the volume of the door ajar alarm?
- How do you turn the door alarm off or on in a Classic (BI) model? Can you disable the door ajar alarm?
- Does the door ajar alarm work for the refrigerator and freezer?
- Why is the door ajar alarm only working for the refrigerator or freezer side?
- Door ajar alarm going off even with door closed; causes of door ajar alarm
- Door alarm or bell icon flashing
Classic (BI) Alarm
To turn the door ajar alarm on or off on Classic products, press the alarm key on the control panel.
Door Alarm Tips
The alarm monitors both the refrigerator and freezer door(s) and drawer(s).
Duration, Volume, Pitch
- The door ajar alarm sounds after 30 to 60 seconds of the door opening (time varies by product).
- The alarm sounds until the door is closed, or the alarm is turned off on the control panel. Press the Alarm key to turn the alarm off.
- The amount of time before the alarm sounds and the door ajar alarm volume are not adjustable.
- Classic Series door alarm tone and pitch are adjustable. See Classic Audible Tone Adjustment.
- When the door ajar alarm is on, the bell icon appears in the display panel indicating it is working.
- When the door ajar alarm is on and the door is left ajar, the alarm icon flashes.
- When the door ajar alarm is off, the bell icon does not appear in the display panel.
For Designer (IT, IC, ID) refrigeration products, see Designer Door or Drawer Ajar Alarm.
Door Ajar Alarm Troubleshooting
Beeping With Door Closed
For troubleshooting information for beeping with the door closed, see Sub-Zero Beeping and Silencing Alarm on Classic Series (BI) Refrigeration Product.
Door Ajar Icon on But Chime Does Not Sound
- If the door ajar alarm icon is on but the chime does not sound, or if the chime has become hard to hear, reset the breaker for 10 seconds.
- If the alarm works for only one side, refrigerator or freezer, the alarm is sensing the door switch. If the door is slightly open but the switch is not sensed as open, the alarm may not work.
- Opening the door fully and see if alarm turns on after one minute.
- If the door ajar icon still appears after the steps above are complete, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
- Classic Series Displays d0 0r
- Classic Series with Service Icon Steady or Wrench Flashing with Alarm Chiming
- Sub-Zero Light Terminators - Safety feature that helps to prevent high temperatures in a unit by turning the lights off.
- Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820